Due to security features built into PIMS, you cannot directly open a PIMS data table. However, you can import PIMS data into a new secure database. With an administrator login to this new database, you can design your own queries or export data into Excel.
To do this:
- Download the evaluator tool.
- In the Opening pims_eval.zip window, check Save File and click OK. This should save a file named pims_eval.zip to your desktop.
- Right click on pims_eval.zip, select Open With and then Compressed (zipped) folders.
- In the pims_eval.zip window, click Extract all files.
- You should see a window, Welcome to the Compressed Folders Extraction Wizard. Click Next.
- The next window asks you to select a destination. Click Browse...
- Navigate to the pims8 folder (usually in C:, then Program Files (x86)), and click OK. If this folder doesn't exist (i.e. you haven't installed PIMS 8), create a new folder named pims8 in the Program Files (x86) directory.
- Back in the Select a Destination window, click Next.
- If you get a Confirm File Replace message, click Yes to All.
- The next window should let you know that the extraction was completed. Leave the box labeled show extracted files checked, and click Finish.
- The pims8 window should open. Drag the XP Shortcut to PIMS Eval to your desktop.
- If necessary, you may have to modify the shortcut to reflect your version of Microsoft Access by right-clicking on the shortcut, going to Properties, and then updating the version number of Office in both the Start In and Target boxes.
- Double-click on the correct Shortcut to PIMS eval.
- Log in using the password provided by your technical assistant.
- From the File menu, go to Get External Tables, and select Import (to work with a snapshot of PIMS data) or Link to work directly with a PIMS data set.
- Locate your pims data table (usually called something like pimstab_md0xx.mdb), and click Import. If you don't have access to PIMS data then you can link to the training data (training2018.mdb) in the eval toolkit.
- In the Import Objects window, select all the tables you wish to import, and click OK.
© Copyright 2007-2019 Prevent Child Abuse America. All rights reserved.